Champions League permutations: Twelve teams are through and four more will join them in clinching UEFA Champions League round of 16 after the last set of group games.
Through to round of 16: Ajax, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona*, Bayern München, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, Manchester City, Manchester United, Porto*, Real Madrid*, Roma, Schalke
*confirmed group winners
Can still reach round of 16: Internazionale Milano, Liverpool, Lyon, Napoli, Paris Saint-Germain, Shakhtar Donetsk, Tottenham Hotspur
Will transfer to UEFA Europa League round of 32: Benfica, Club Brugge, Valencia
Can still finish third: CSKA Moskva, Crvena zvezda, Galatasaray, Hoffenheim, Lokomotiv Moskva, Viktoria Plzeň
Will finish fourth: AEK Athens, Monaco, PSV Eindhoven, Young Boys
TUESDAY 11 DECEMBER
Group A: Club Brugge (5 points) v Atlético Madrid (12), Monaco (1) v Borussia Dortmund (10)
- Atlético are through, and will seal first place with a win or if Dortmund do not gain victory.
- Dortmund are through, and will finish top if they win and Atlético do not (BVB have a superior head-to-head goal difference).
- Club Brugge will transfer to the UEFA Europa League round of 32.
- Monaco will finish fourth
Group B: Barcelona (13) v Tottenham Hotspur (7), Internazionale Milano (7) v PSV Eindhoven (1)
- Barcelona are through as group winners.
- Spurs are second on head-to-head away goals so will go through if they win, or at least if Inter do not pick up more points than them.
- Inter will finish second if they pick up more points than Spurs.
- PSV will finish fourth.
Group C: Liverpool (6) v Napoli (9), Crvena zvezda (4) v Paris Saint-Germain (8)
- Napoli will be through if they draw, or if they lose and Paris are also beaten.
- Paris will be through if they win, and are also certain to advance if Liverpool do not gain victory.
- Liverpool must win to have any chance of progress. If Paris win, Liverpool must win 1-0 or by two goals or more. If Liverpool, Paris and Napoli all finish on nine points, the English club would finish first on the three-way head-to-head, with second place depending on the scoreline at Anfield.
- Crvena zvezda will finish third if they win and Liverpool lose (Liverpool have a superior head-to-head goal difference).
Group D [18:55CET]: Schalke (8) v Lokomotiv Moskva (3), Galatasaray (4) v Porto (13)
- Porto are through as group winners.
- Schalke are through as group runners-up.
- Galatasaray will finish third if they win or if Lokomotiv do not gain victory.
- Lokomotiv will finish third if they win and Galatasaray do not (Galatasaray have a superior head-to-head goal difference).
WEDNESDAY 12 DECEMBER
Group E: Ajax (11) v Bayern München (13), Benfica (4) v AEK Athens (0)
- Bayern are though and will clinch first place with a draw.
- Ajax are through and will finish top if they win.
- Benfica will finish third and transfer to the UEFA Europa League round of 32.
- AEK will finish fourth
Group F: Manchester City (10) v Hoffenheim (3), Shakhtar Donetsk (5) v Lyon (7)
- Manchester City are through and will clinch first place if they draw or Lyon do not win.
- Lyon will be through with a draw, and will finish top on head-to-head record if they win and City lose.
- Shakhtar will be through if they win. They will transfer to the UEFA Europa League round of 32 if they draw or Hoffenheim do not gain victory.
- Hoffenheim must win and hope Shakhtar lose in order to earn a UEFA Europa League place.
Group G: Real Madrid (12) v CSKA Moskva (4), Viktoria Plzeň (4) v Roma (9)
- Madrid are through as group winners.
- Roma are through as group runners-up.
- Plzeň are third and, thanks to their superior head-to-head record against CSKA, will clinch a UEFA Europa League round of 32 place if they match the Russian side’s result.
- CSKA must pick up more points than Plzeň to finish third.
Group H: Valencia (5) v Manchester United (10), Young Boys (1) v Juventus (12)
- Juventus are through and will finish top if they win or United do not gain victory.
- United are through and will finish top if they win and Juventus do not.
- Valencia will transfer to the UEFA Europa League round of 32.
- Young Boys will finish fourth.
- French champions fined 100,000 euros for racial profiling
- Who is Jan Siewert?
- Premier League Round-up: Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-0
- Who is in the UEFA Europa league Round of 32?
- England’s U17 World Cup winners – where are they now?