Arsenal will surely have one eye on their upcoming Europa League clash with CSKA Moscow later this week as they go into their lunchtime clash with Stoke.
Stoke pulled off a surprise 1-0 win over the Gunners at home earlier in the season, but it proved to be one of the few highlights of an otherwise grim campaign.
ARSENAL VS STOKE CITY STATS
- Arsenal have won their last 15 home matches against Stoke in all competitions, a run that stretches back to August 1981 when Stoke won 1-0 at Highbury thanks to a goal by Lee Chapman.
- Stoke, 1-0 winners at the Bet365 Stadium earlier this season, haven’t completed a league double over Arsenal since the 1975-76 season.
- Arsenal’s current run of 12 consecutive home top-flight wins against Stoke is their longest winning run in their top-flight history.
- 72.9% of Arsenal’s Premier League points this season have been won in home games, the highest ratio in the division (35/48).
- The Potters are winless in their last 17 Premier League matches in London (W0 D6 L11) since winning 2-1 at Tottenham in November 2014.
- The Gunners are looking to secure back-to-back Premier League wins for the first time since November – they’ve won their last 24 home league matches against sides starting that day in the relegation zone, since a 4-4 draw with Tottenham in October 2008.
ARSENAL TEAM NEWS
Santi Cazorla remains sidelined, whilst both Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac are doubts after sustaining injuries on international duty. Jack Wilshere is also doubtful, whilst Alexandre Lacazette has returned to training and should be fit enough to make the bench here.
STOKE CITY TEAM NEWS
Stephen Ireland, Lee Grant, and Eric Choupo-Moting are all injured, whilst Charlie Adam begins his three match suspension and is also unavailable. Mame Biram Diouf and Kevin Wimmer are both doubts as well. Ibrahim Afellay is out of the frame for selection after a training ground bust up and is unlikely to feature for Stoke again this season.
Arsenal FC vs Stoke City FC – Betting Tips
Arsenal come into the game on the back of a 3-1 win over AC Milan in the Europa League round of 16. The win ensured they progressed to the quarter-finals with a 5-1 aggregate scoreline. Their previous league game saw them beat Watford 3-0.
Stoke, meanwhile, succumbed to a second defeat on the bounce as they 2-1 to Everton. The game saw Charlie Adam sent off in the 30th minute, and Cenk Tosun capitalised with two second-half goals.
The previous meeting between the sides was at the Bet365 Stadium in August where Stoke picked up a hard-fought 1-0 win. The last outing at the Emirates Stadium witnessed Arsenal win by a 3-1 scoreline. Our betting tips and predictions expect an Arsenal win.
Prediction and betting tip: Arsenal win at 1.30 with Deltin Palace
Arsenal FC vs Stoke City FC – Match odds
Stoke have turned out to be a bogey team for Arsenal over the years, but their success has solely been in their home games. Since their top-flight return in 2008, Stoke have lost nine straight league games at the Emirates Stadium, and the hosts should pick up another victory over the Staffordshire outfit. Our preview is to go for an Arsenal win at 1.30
Arsenal win odds: 1.30
Arsenal vs Stoke City draw odds: 6.00
Stoke City win odds: 10.00
Arsenal FC vs Stoke City FC – Correct Score odds
Arsenal possess a poor record on their travels this term, but they have been fluid at the Emirates – picking up 73 percent of their season points at the stadium. Stoke have scored just four goals during their previous nine visits to Arsenal, and this suggests that it may be another one-sided contest. Our correct score prediction is to go with an Arsenal 3-0 win at 8.50
Correct score prediction: Arsenal 3-0 win at 8.50
Arsenal FC vs Stoke City FC – Over/Under 2.5 Goals odds
Arsenal have not kept clean sheets of late in the Premier League. There have been several high-scoring encounters at the Emirates Stadium. The previous six matches have witnessed at least three goals, and this was the outcome during Stoke’s last outing at the North London club. Our total goals prediction is to go with over 2.5 goals at 1.44
Goal odds and predictions: Over 2.5 goals at 1.44
Arsenal FC vs Stoke City FC – First Goalscorer odds
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has had a mixed start to his Arsenal career, but he has delivered recently with back-to-back goals against Brighton and Watford. The Gabon international’s pace is a huge threat. He has a strong chance of finding the scoresheet against Stoke, who possess the worst defence in the division. Our first goalscorer prediction is to go with Aubameyang at 3.75
First goalscorer prediction: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at 3.75
Arsenal FC vs Stoke City FC – Free bet offers