Hosts Al Ain caused a huge shock by beating River Plate on penalties to reach the Club World Cup final.
Keeper Khalid Essa saved Enzo Perez’s penalty as the Abu Dhabi side scored all five spot-kicks after a 2-2 draw.
Marcus Berg gave Al Ain a surprise lead but the Copa Libertadores winners hit back quickly through two Rafael Santos Borre strikes in the first half.
Brazilian striker Caio stroked in the equaliser, with River’s Gonzalo Martinez missing a second-half penalty.
- FA Cup: Wolves Knock out Man Utd to reach Semi-final
- Lionel Messi is Europe’s top dribbler ahead of Eden Hazard
- Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for first time since World Cup
- Ten Man Gunners slip to Europa League defeat
- Boateng, Hummels & Muller told Germany carrer is over