Hosts Al Ain caused a huge shock by beating River Plate on penalties to reach the Club World Cup final.
Keeper Khalid Essa saved Enzo Perez’s penalty as the Abu Dhabi side scored all five spot-kicks after a 2-2 draw.
Marcus Berg gave Al Ain a surprise lead but the Copa Libertadores winners hit back quickly through two Rafael Santos Borre strikes in the first half.
Brazilian striker Caio stroked in the equaliser, with River’s Gonzalo Martinez missing a second-half penalty.
- French champions fined 100,000 euros for racial profiling
- England’s U17 World Cup winners – where are they now?
- Cristiano Ronaldo header wins Supercoppa for Juventus
- Lionel Messi makes decision on Argentina future
- Messi edges out Ronaldo to end as 2018’s top goalscorer in Europe